Sunday 13 March 2011

Vintage Fair Inspiration Customised Hats

I went to a vintage fair back in February, and I have to admit I am not a convert to the vintage thing. As much as I like what I see on other people and even at the fair, I saw some people holding some really lovely buys but I just never seem to find anything and I am not one for rummaging around in the dark. I suppose in this case they were trying to create an atmosphere but it just isn’t my thing, maybe it will grow on me.

There was one thing I liked though, unfortunately I lost the womans’ business card, but she hand-makes vintage/60s inspired hats/berets. I debated over the colour and style for a long time at £12 they weren’t unreasonable but I was a little put off by the fact that all the berets (which I think suited me best) were covered in sequins. I just don’t think I could or would pull off wearing a hat like that on a daily basis. Each of the hats had some form of flower or feather on them, having a quick peak at how it was made, essentially these were just stitched onto the hat. So I walked away and decided that I would make my own.


I pulled out a few of my old hats/berets and picked up some nice flowers I had seen in ASDA and voila my one of a kind hat at half the price. Unfortunately I didn’t have the foresight to match the colours of the flowers with the hats I have but seen as they are multifunctional it isn’t a big deal! The flowers were £3 and £4 although I can’t remember which was which. They have both a brooch pin and a crocodile clip attachment they are easy to add to any hat temporary and removed so that they can still be used as a hair accessory too.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig