Friday 25 March 2011

Makeover Time!

A virtual one that is! Sorry to be misleading if any of you thought you were going to see me looking dramatically different but I felt I had to blog about this since it was so much fun and also very clever.

I went to Superdrug today in Westfield and noticed that the Rimmel counter had a virtual mirror. This is the first time I have seen one of these virtual mirrors so I don’t know if they are new or only in larger stores. How they work is that after scanning a product and taking a picture of yourself, you then get your image with your chosen eyeshadow, blusher, lipstick, etc. You could then proceed to build up a whole look of different products and choose the level of intensity of each, making your look more subtle/natural or dramatic.

As you can hopefully understand me and my sister decided to be completely ridiculous with it and combine the most outrageous colours and combinations of products we could all on the dramatic setting. Having played around a bit, we then had a member of staff approach us and half expecting to be told off like teenagers messing around in the make-up aisle (which we were acting like to be fair) she told us that we could actually email the results to ourselves!! Classic.

Before I show you the result I think it is worth mentioning that this is actually a very clever idea and a very clever computer programme, the fact that an image can be taken, detect your eyes, lips etc and apply product accordingly is very impressive, you will see that I even had mascara added! You could also scan foundations, and after deliberately picking a dark one the programme actually recommended a more appropriate shade! One thing I did notice was that for the lipgloss, although we had picked a dark pink colour it looked more purple on me and the recommended shade of foundation (ivory) I can’t imagine would have been a good colour match. Whether the colours in the programme are accurate representations of the shades I could not say since I did not end up purchasing anything. However, for an overall idea of how a shade might look against your skin tone if you are trying it for the first time I think it would be really useful.

Ready for the make-over?

Ta-Da!! Hopefully this makes you laugh half as much as we did in the store doing it!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig